Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:51:41 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'jb@syndicate.net'" <jb@syndicate.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Unacceptably poor samba performance.

Actually the problem is solved.  There is a bug/incompatibility in Samba
2.0.5a that causes horrible performance on FreeBSD.  Apparently it's not a
problem on other OS's.  The changes that were made actually improve
performance on other OS's.

Anyway, downgrading is an option except that there are 3 security holes that
have been fixed in 2.0.5a.  There was a patch/fix posted to the
comp.protocols.smb news groups by one of the samba dev team.

I should check back in there an see if there have been any new developments,
as this was a couple weeks ago now.

-Chris