Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:34:39 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        leafy <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/java/jdk14 and jni_md.h

On (2003/03/10 17:51), leafy wrote:

> > a) jni.h should #include "bsd/jni_md.h", or
> > b) jni.h should #include <bsd/jni_md.h>, or
> > b) callers are expected to add .../jdk1.4.1/include/md to the include
> >    path when compiling, not just .../jdk1.4.1/include, or
> > c) jni_md.h should be installed in .../jdk1.4.1/include, not
> >    .../jdk1.4.1/include/md.
> >
> > What do the experts say?
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Sheldon.
> Hi,
>
> Could you please explicitly add the bsd/ into the makefile? I think
> resin and many other Java ports are in the same boat.

If you mean ensure that .../bsd is included in the include path, that'll
obviously work.

My question is aimed more at finding out what the correct solution to
the problem is.  Your suggestion supports the second option b quoted
above (sorry about that).

Were you suggesting this as a test, or as "the correct approach"?  I'm
in favour of something that doesn't require modification of every
consumer, unless those consumers are breaking a well-established rule.

Ciao,
Sheldon.