Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 14:56:37 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel broken?

In message <138165316833.20001118141739@buz.ch> Gabriel Ambuehl writes:
: Hello,
: I just attempted to build a new 4-STABLE Kernel (cvsup some minutes ago)
: (somewhat customized, mainly OPTIONS CODA and OPTIONS
: IPFILTER) which failed. I tryed to do it on a machine we did

This is the classic "I didn't read UPDATING, and things aren't
working" symptom.  You must use make buildkernel if you are upgrading.

Warner