Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 13:48:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Jun-ichiro Itoh <itojun@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/misc/magicpoint Makefile ports/misc/magicpoint/files         md5 ports/misc/magicpoint/pkg PLIST ports/japanese/magicpoint         Makefile

[-committers -=> -ports]

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Jun-ichiro Itoh wrote:

>   NOTE: there's one twist in post-install (manpage gzipping).
>   could anybody improve this?

That's not just a little twist...  :-)

$ make install
"Makefile", line 48: Malformed conditional (${MANCOMPRESSED} == yes)
"Makefile", line 48: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 51: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 51: Need an operator

USE_IMAKE implies MANCOMPRESSED=yes.  Compress the manpage
unconditionally.

If the port was broken into two ("xmindpath" and "magicpoint"),
this wouldn't be necessary.  That would also save you constantly
piggy-backing the build of xmindpath on post-*:.  I don't know
the port well-enough to make a suggestion, but if I did know it
well enough...  ;-)

The port doesn't appear to respect PREFIX, either.  Not so bad in
itself, but I suspect rather wierd things will start happening if
someone, as root, tries to install it with a non-standard
PREFIX...  :-(

[Incidentally, those '+=' and '?=' in magicpoint/Makefile
wouldn't be necessary if ja-magicpoint/Makefile .included it
earlier].

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.