Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 2015 18:16:16 +0200
From:      Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com>, "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Initial support for MT7620

WiTi board looks nice, I=E2=80=99d go for it.

I have by no means given up on MT7621 support and rolling it in together =
with RT305x would probably be best if we manage to do it.
I=E2=80=99d actually like to continue after MT7620 and MT7621 and =
include support for MT7628 and MT7688 as well :-)

Best wishes,
Stanislav

> On Dec 15, 2015, at 18:11, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Woo!
>=20
> So my vague-ish plan is to fold the mt7621 support into the rt305x
> directory and break out the CPU family support into like what we have
> for the atheros mips family. The diff between MT7621 and RT305x was
> pretty small and I bet we could roll it all in pretty easily.
>=20
> I don't have any MT7621 hardware yet. What do people suggest I get?
>=20
>=20
> -adrian
>=20
>=20
> On 15 December 2015 at 06:58, Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>=20
>> After talking with Adrian off list we decided to start work on =
Mediatek/Ralink more recent SoCs with MT7620 instead of MT7621 =
(Adrian=E2=80=99s board has MT7620 so it=E2=80=99s easier for him to =
help with the WiFi parts this way).
>>=20
>> I=E2=80=99ve done a bit today and I got an MT7620A based board to =
boot to multi user with root filesystem on USB stick.
>>=20
>> If anyone is interested in the patch, it can be found here:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e880eutzvlms8h7/mt7620_patch.diff?dl=3D0
>>=20
>> For the moment there is no support for sys/dev/rt (the Ethernet =
controller) with MT7620. This is going to be left for later.
>> Next I am planning to work on SPI and PCI so that Adrian can start =
working on WiFi once I=E2=80=99m done with the SPI part.
>>=20
>> I would appreciate it if someone would jump in and help with the =
if_rt support - this way we=E2=80=99ll have something working quicker =
hopefully :-)