Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:03:29 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   controlling the default boot drive

I have been experimenting with booting from a USB key vs the HD.  If I sit
on the console, and hit F1, the next time the machine boots, F1 will be the
default.  If I hit F5, the next time it will be F5 (the USB key drive in
this case).   How can I do this from the shell on a RELENG_5 box. e.g. I
boot from HD (F1) I want to then without having to sit on the console, make
it boot from USB drive, as if I hit F5. Is this boot0cfg ? If so, I cant
seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike@sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike