Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 07:44:32 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha userland work

John Birrell wrote in message ID
<199808021222.WAA20195@cimlogic.com.au>:
> There are things lingering in local trees. I have a fix for this and so
> does Doug. I haven't committed mine because it is not as clean as splitting
> nlist.c like NetBSD does.

Yeah, I just looked at the way NetBSD does it and its certainly cleaner than a
large #ifdef mess or having multiple copies of nlist.c in machine-dependant
sections.

Right now I'm getting through to compiling the build tools. It compiles and
installs `install', and then everything after that fails as install SIG11's
somewhere. I'm guessing that its to do with an interaction with the NetBSD
kernel rather than an inherant limitation in install. I'll try and debug this
later.

Gary