Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:00:21 -0500
From:      Joseph Koenig <joe@jwebmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Advice for Install on System with RAID 5

I have a new system with a RAID 5 on it. I'm inexperienced with RAID
set-ups and with installing FreeBSD. Any advice? My RAID has 2
containers set up - 1 is 29.89 GB (Disk01) and the other is 4 GB
(Disk00) - The system as 3 18GB SCSI drives. When the FreeBSD install
starts it asks which disks I want to partition: "aacd00" or "aacd01", or
both. Should I partition both, or just one, or what? Where should I be
installing the OS? This machine is going to be a web server with a
PostgreSQL database on it. Any advice/howto's would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks,

Joe