Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:46:51 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Florian Smeets <flo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>

Florian,

After updating fusefs-libs to 2.9.9 I fould serious problems with an
NTFS file system. I am using the new fuse kernel code on 9-Stable on
an amd64 system.

I have had only limited time to look at the problem, but symptoms
include all files in a directory having an mtime of when the FS was
mounted and phantom directory entries.

An 'ls' showed no such file, but typing the first character of the
file followed by ^D showed the file with a <SPACE> appended.  An
attempt to create it gets "input/output error" and does an 'rm'. most,
but not all files I copied to that file system today simply seem to
have vanished, but a few have left those phantom entries.

I have reverted to 2.9.1 for now, but it looks like I will need to
boot Windows and run dskchk on it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com