Date:      15 Aug 1998 20:24:18 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of p5- module work in the ports tree?

Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org> writes:

> > If someone is working on this, I'll just fix my local tree and wait
> > for the changes...
>
> Test (duh :-), and submit as one big PR.  That's more likely to
> catch someone's attention.

I had considered doing this, at least for the modules I use, but given
the lack of response to my PRs 7421(+update) and 7597-7599 it looked
like it would be a wasted effort.

Whether it's a matter of all the commiters getting busy at once or
just post-2.2.7 release let-down, there have been a lot of
ports-related PRs building up over the past few weeks.  The p5-*'s are
only the most glaring problem.

If it's just a case of not enough people with the time to do the work,
I'd be willing to help out.
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.