Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:12:34 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can I use wireless & wired cards together?

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 09:07 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> The only potential problem is if you want the cards to share the same
> IP address space.  That will only work if the net masks are different.

That's actually pretty annoying.  I can't disable the onboard wireless
of my T42, so I have no choice but to use it on wireless (or
edit /etc/rc.conf, reboot, and remember to re-enable it later) when I'm
at home --- not so nice when I want to do large data transfers between
it and my desktop box.  :(

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu