Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:27:21 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jtm63@rcn.com (James McNaughton)
Subject:   Re: GNUstep applications

James McNaughton schrieb:,

> The first way is that "openapp" isn't in the path, so I have to use
> the entire path at the command line.
> The second way is that GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT has to be defined in the
> environment or openapp doesn't find GNUMail.app.

you can an solve it all by one:

from the web: (link below)
---------------
   Start with the Makefile Pacakge (gnustep-make). After installing
gnustep-make you need to execute GNUstep's shell configuration script,
as follows:

      . /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

   before proceeding any further.
---------------

add to your profile or enter in the commandline:

$ . /usr/local/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

Then you can use openapp GNUMail.app

> The third way is that after doing all the above implies to get GNUMail
> to run, it segfaults.

If the above does not fix it,
you must move your existing gnumail config away.

$ mv ~/.gnumail ~/.gnumail-broken

> I have rebuilt GNUstep and GNUMail twice already. There doen't seem to
> be any problem compiling and installing any ot this system, however, I
> didn't sit and watch the whole process either.

Each port makes sure /usr/local/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
is called in the building process.
But i't won't change all profiles of the users.

> So far, I've found no help for these issues on the GNUStep or GNUMail
> websites.

have you tried:
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/GNUstep-HOWTO

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]