Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:18:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        mdavis@io.cts.com
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Random dives out of make world

 * From: Morgan Davis <mdavis@io.cts.com>

 * and started the make world process.  This has effectively turned the
 * computer into a 286, as "make world" has been running for almost 12
 * hours now and it's only in "libc".  But, it hasn't crashed!  So, maybe

Actually that sounds like my old 386.  Besides, FreeBSD doesn't run on
a 286. ;)

 * But, I was wondering if by disabling the internal CPU cache that it
 * could be masking some other real culprit.  Any comments?

That is more likely IMO.  Do you have a friend you can borrow a P5
from?

Satoshi