Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:00:27 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   About the recent PORTCOMMENT issue.

Hi,

I've been following the thread on the PORTCOMMENT thing, and would like
to tell my humble thoughts on the issue. My idea simply is, if you want
PORTCOMMENT + other enhancements, why not simply adopt NetBSD's pkgsrc?
It was originally derived from FreeBSD's port system, but has evolved on
its own, and, IMHO, it's currently superior. What are people's views on
this? Granted, NetBSD's number of packages is well bellow FreeBSD's one,
but I think it would be beneficial for both to adopt a common (or at
least very similar) ports scheme.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net