Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:56:53 +0100
From:      Cian Hughes <cianlists@cian.ws>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rebooting problem

Do you also have a hanging problem if you shutdown with `shutdown -p
now`?
Are you using ACPI?
Have you ensured you are using the latest BIOS for you system?
When did you last compile your kernel?
Could you give some specifics about architecture, output of dmesg and
your hardware setup.

Regards, Cian