Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:29:54 +0100
From:      Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of high-speed usb drivers

* Davon Shire <davon@shires.org> [1008 18:08]:

> >>Hello,
> >> I want to start this email saying I'm a very devoted FreeBSD user.
> >>I've been using it a very long time. Did the subscription thing. Etc etc
> >>
> >> That said, I'd very much like to know where on the horizon do USB 2.0
> >>highspeed drivers sit? I've seen that current is now into 6.0 but from
> >>what
> >>I've read USB functionality is not even on the agenda.
> >

> It's already in. man 4 ehci.
>
> Perhaps I'm not understanding my difficulty with this. As Mr Davies seems
> to think that a man page is going to contain the answer I have asked for in
> this post.

I have used ehci and it worked for me. So I thought it might work for you.

> Having used FreeBSD for a Very long time I can appreciate Mr Davies
> research skills. However this does not in any way answer my question so let
> me restate.
>
> I have at no time been able to get High-Speed functionality out of my USB
> 2.0 Drives. When the umass driver loads I'm happily informed that I will be
> getting essentially fullspeed from the device in question.
>
> ohci, uhci, ehci, umass modules are loaded. Devices hooked directly to ehci
> connectors identify which of course they wouldn't if the ehci module didn't
> load.

This isn't so much restating as 'posting a different set of information'.

The post I read (quoted above), and all it says is "high speed usb does'nt
work for me". Sorry for not being psychic.

--
Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers!
Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing! - Bender