Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:01:53 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
Cc:        root@utility.clubscholarship.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inuring FreeBSD to the apache bug without upgrading apache ?

Joshua Lee wrote:
> > The way you would deal with this would be to tell Apache that it
> > was an HTTP 1.0 server, since chunking is an HTTP 1.1 feature.
> >
> > The only place this is an issue is if you need to reuse an HTTP
> > connection, and that only occurs in HTTP 1.1 when you are doing
> > pipelining.  Everywhere else, you can indicate an end of data
>
> Mozilla has an option to enable http pipelining as a performance option.
> I regularly used this, maybe I shouldn't?

It depends.  Does it still use 4 outstanding connections to the
server on the other end, or does it serialize all your picture
download requests through a single pipe?  If the latter, what is
the measured latency between the end of one response and the
beginning of another?

Basically, this is going to boild down to how the web server on the
back end is written, and what's between you and it, in the way of
smart hardware.

-- Terry