Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 03:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install from 4.1 CDROM failed

Since my previous comment I have discovered one drive which is in perfect
condition but will not work with FreeBSD. I contacted IBM Technical
Support, who confirmed that the IBM Model DCAS-34330, a 4.3 GB SCSI drive,
is not compatible with FreeBSD.

I can vouch from personal experience that the IBM DDRS-39130 works great
with FreeBSD.

There is an urgent need for a list of drives known to be compatible with
FreeBSD.

 Paul Smith
 stork@qnet.com