Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:45:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Proxy server (what kind of machine and os?)

Hi

If I want to set up a proxy-server (because we just have a 64kbit internet
link I think it would be a great idea), what kind of OS do you suggest me?
Because of the number of maximum network connections, is NetBSD much
better than FreeBSD? What is the fastest solution? Which FreeBSD Release
is the best?
What kind of machine do you suggest? Is a pentium-60 enough, or I'd better
use a 100 Mhz or better? How many RAM is suggested, and is an 1Gb IDE disk
enough?

I think we have at about 30 clients running at one time (maybe in
the future a little more), and I think I want to set up two proxy-servers,
connected to each other, in the two buildings we have, because the link
between the two networks is just 2Mbit.

Paul

--
Paul Dekkers