Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 09:18:57 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Mosaic with Lesstif

> > >)
> > > ftp.heart.barnard.za
> > >

> > Got an IP address? InterNIC doesn't know about it. The bigger name
> > servers in South Africa don't know about it either -- barnard.za
> > isn't even a legitimate domain name.
> >
> > Off hand I'd say that someone's pulling your leg. ftp.heart.barnard.za
> > isn't typical of the domain names used in South Africa, at least not
> > for academic institutions. If it were an academic institution, it might
> > be ftp.heart.barnard.ac.za, but that's not legitimate either.
>
> I don't know about this one, but there is a free Motif project called
> lesstif:

There must be a really strange latency problem on this mailing list.
I think by now we're all aware of LessTif.

It turns out that Christoph's reference to ftp.heart.barnard.za was
supposed to be a humorous pot shot at whoever misspelled implementation,
interpreted as implantation or transplant. Sorry, meine Gymnasium Deutsch
ist sehr rustig, too rusty to appreciate the German sense of humor; at
least not at six o'clock in the morning. This no doubt gives my Kicheli
ancestors good reason to roll over a few times in their grave. Well,
someday I may try to find a job in Germany, and then I'll have a chance
to get really good at speaking German and appreciating German humor.

Humor, especially obscure humor, needs a smiley or three please to
identify it as such.

--

Kaleb