Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:14:29 +0100
From:      Vincent Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Matias Surdi <matiassurdi@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd custom distribution

Matias Surdi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm starting a new project where I would like to distribute the
> software as a distribution, something as pfSense guys do (but mine is
> not targeted to be a firewall).
>
> It would be very appreciated any pointer to some documentation or
> starting point for creating such a custom distro, for example, if I
> have a freeBSD 7 installation where I added some packages plus a
> custom application: How could I create a iso? a liveCD?

Never tried it myself but..
Start by reading the handbook and developers handbook as guidelines.
Also see things like the contents of /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd and
/usr/src/release/* as well as ports like sysutils/freesbie and
sysutils/livecd. http://romana.now.ie/writing/customfreebsdiso.html may
also be useful.

Vince