Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:25:23 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Why not gzip iso images?

I seem to have missed the beginning of this thread, but do have a comment on
it.

Someone indicated that downloading an ISO image was the best solution for
installing FreeBSD on a box that had poor internet connectivity.

You disagree with this?

For home, if I was still limited to a dialup connection, you could bet your
ass that I'd download an ISO for installing FreeBSD.  Burn the sucker at
work (or school, library, friend's house, etc..), then haul that precious CD
home, and have my installation done before dinner.  I couldn't think of an
easier or faster way of getting FreeBSD installed.  Much easier and more
straight forward than doing an FTP installation over a dialup (been there,
done that @ 14.4k).

-Troy