Date:      Thu, 3 May 2012 18:27:05 +0000 (UTC)
From:      jb <jb.1234abcd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS Crash and directories now missing
References:  <201204301136.q3UBa8fj083478@mail.r-bonomi.com> <CAF6rxgksNAC2PguE6jzPtBauNZig9VWG--UmTt_fGVB7PytonA@mail.gmail.com> <4F9F1551.5040003@dichotomia.fr> <CAHieY7SWCE4KWFsDKy64tzQwhsnMTcuxLs07hoc9D2s4Y%2BmRFg@mail.gmail.com> <loom.20120503T175320-936@post.gmane.org> <CAHieY7Qh5udzMTFBcVJJJ7YN3Myc0nddLGzuXsXHK7civkeDTA@mail.gmail.com> <loom.20120503T193647-917@post.gmane.org> <CAHieY7Q6K4xF67-f=CEO3RVSVHbo14qb8T0yOBG16CZ2tSWkFQ@mail.gmail.com>

Alejandro Imass <ait <at> p2ee.org> writes:

OK. There is this anomaly in your troubled jail.
Because I have not been familiar with ezjail so I am learning it now as we go.
I will suggest to you some steps by intuition, and you have to judge for both
of us how to do it and what's appropriate. Feel free to give feedback anytime.

I understand that this troubled jail can be stopped any time without any
problems to your clients.
Just in case do a backup of it with ezjail admin entry. Use ezjail admin
entries by the way (no 'mv', 'cp', etc).

I look at an ezjail tutorial right now and see the following:
ezjail Default File Locations
/usr/jails/ : Default location to store base jail system template.
/usr/jails/flavours/ : Customization for each jail can be done via flavours.
   For e.g. adding default /etc/resolv.conf file or updating existing
   /etc/make.conf can be done here.
/usr/jails/basejail/ : Base jail will be exported and mounted as read only for
   each jail. This will save disk space.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh : Stop / Start / Restart jails script.
/usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf : Configuration file for ezjail script. contains
  settings that control the operation of the ezjail rc script. It is also read
  by the ezjail-admin utility to figure out where it should perform its actions.
/usr/local/etc/ezjail/ : All your jail configuration files are stored here.

Now, your task is to figure out where your mounts are configured for that jail,
those that are present in the 'mount' output.
After that you would stop that jail and delete it (assuming no problem to your
customer service) to get rid of those lines in mount output.
The reconfigure that jail properly anew (do not use backup for this !) and
create it again, check the 'mount' output to see proper sequence of mounts.
Then restart the jail and see how it goes.
Give us feedback as you go so we can follow you.
jb