Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:17:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Readle <patterner@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any ideas on X freezing up with NVIDIA drivers?

Fellow newb here, but I've also been working on X issues with my GForceFX
in Linux *and* FBSD so I might (and I stress might) be able to help.

First things first, can you post your /etc/X11/XF86Config file?

Are you using *dm (xdm, kdm, gdm, etc) or are you booting to CLI and doing
startx?  I've had more issues with kdm and my FX than with CLI + startx.

As for AGP and kernel config, I've gotten mine working with AGP in the
kernel and compiled with no optimizations other than CPUTYPE.

Once I get a look at your files (and compare them to mine at home) I might
have some more suggestions.

chris