Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 01:35:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upsd, automatic shutdown at low batt

> You can polll that info out of the UPS, then test those registers against
> a constant.  I think it looks like this when used:
>
> on "recharge" <= 5.0 {
> 	# do shutdown
> }
>
> You should know how long your systems can run on battery power.  If not,
> do a test. :)

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I do know how long my UPS can run *from a full
charge* on battery power. However, I don't want to make the UPS wait till
100% power before turning back on after a power failure. I'd rather have
it turn on at like 25%, knowing that the system will shutdown at 10% if
the power goes out again.

Thanks,