Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:46:04 +0200
From:      Helmut Wirth <wirth@zerberus.hai.siemens.co.at>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Defect -current CTM file on freebsd.org ?

Hello,
I seem to have a problem getting current sources:
(I have the 2.2-STABLE sources and want to upgrade to current, because
I am working on parts of doscmd)

I want to do my update with ctm and so I started with the file
.../CTM/src-cur/src-cur.3000xEmpty.gz.
I cannot get this file without errors. I fetched it three times
over the last days, the last time it came without restarts (ftp reget)
in one piece.

All three versions of the file had the correct length (and yes, I
switched to binary mode).

Each of the file versions failed the following test:
       gzip -cd src-cur.3000xEmpty.gz >/dev/null
with
       gzip - Invalid compressed data, crc error.

ctm -v src-cur.3000xEmpty.gz fails with "corrupt patch".

I uncompressed the first and the third version of the file each and
looked into them: Both had indeed problems starting with the file
marker "CTMFM contrib/gcc/README.FRESCO". Inside this file the text
becomes garbled.

Because both of the files (the first was fetched over the last weekend
from ftp.freebsd.org, the third version was fetched about Wed Aug 20,
01:00:00 MET DST, also from ftp.freebsd.org) have the same problem I
suspect the file on the server is defect.

Could you please look into it ?

Thank you
Helmut

PS: I only read the hackers mailing list, please reply to my mailing
address.
--
Helmut F. Wirth