Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:33:05 +0000
From:      "Happy Clown" <h4ppycl0wn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make iso.1 bootable image problem

Hi,

I just made a custom release of 4-stable to use for making installing
FreeBSD workstations easier in our engineering dept. Basically, the proces I
followed was:

Edited /usr/src/release/sysinstall/Makefile to call a specific config file
relevant for our dept for sysinstall. Then...

     > cd /usr/src
     > make buildworld
     > cd release
     > make release NODOC=YES CHROOTDIR=/usr/release CVSROOT=/home/ncvs
BUILDNAME=4.PP-RELEASE RELEASETAG=RELENG_4

All functioned fine with no catastrophic errors and /usr/release seemed
populated with the relevant files.

Then added a packages directory to the /usr/release/R/cdrom/disc1/ directory
containing the relevant packages for that sysinstall config file.

Then
     > chroot /usr/release
     > cd /usr/src/release
     > make iso.1

This also went through ok.

My problem is... the ISO images created don't appear to be bootable. At
least they're not recognised as such by the burning software I'm using
(Nero... OK, I'm burning them on a windows machine :-/ that's where the
burner is).

Am I missing any options with the make iso.1 command or any other steps to
make these ISO images bootable? Any helpful suggestions from anyone?

Thanks,
Phil AKA happyclown.