Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:17:57 -0600
From:      David Vondrasek <dallas.tex@airmail.net>
To:        Leif Neland <leifn@darla.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape's screen too big for my screen

Leif Neland wrote:

> I can only run X in standard vga-size (480*640?). Cheap monitor. (Free..)
>
> This means that the <OK> and <CANCEL> buttons are off-screen on the option pages, so I can't change any options in Netscape.
>
> Is it possible to have a X-screen larger than the physical screen, so the entire screen can be scrolled, so I can reach the buttons at the bottom?

You don't really have to click the OK button all you need to do is hit
ENTER <RETURN> and it will save all your changes, But anyway you can set
up X to give you a virtuial screen of say 1024x756 as I have here. But
using the fancy setup was not easy to set up this way, I used the script
configure program xf86config in the same directory. I can send you
screen caps of the session if it will help.But there tooooo long to post
on the list for no reason.

> Leif Neland
> leifn@image.dk
>
> ---

David L. Vondrasek        *FreeBSD, MS-Dos and Windows
dallas.tex@airmail.net    *The good, the bad, and the ugly