Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:34:41 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-rc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-rc@freebsd.org>, Mateusz Guzik <mjg@freebsd.org>, Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
Subject:   mountlate being too mount-happy

[Those who commented and helped in IRC are in CC]

Hi all,

As described in conf/137692 rc.d/mountlate runs mount -a -d -l to find
late filesystems, and mounts them.

Unfortunately, this also tries again to mount filesystems that are
awaiting mount from the first time; for example a background nfs mount
will not be mounted at this time, so mountlate tries to mount it
again.

The solution is for mountlate to check ONLY for filesystems that
should be mounted late.  The patch is a little on the nasty side, and
depends on /usr (which probably isn't a problem for mount*LATE*), but
alternatively we could parse fstab using /bin/ed or something... but
that feels less correct.  Alternatively we could create temporary
files and comm them, but again I don't think we have anywhere to
write.

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/137629.diff

Chris