Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 23:34:35 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        batie@aahz.jf.intel.com (Alan Batie)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: realaudio player

Vic's output bit rate is variable pending upon how different is each
frame. You need to get a P166 or higher to crank up the bit rate and
frame rate. vic is very , very CPU intensive.  I have seen 2mbit/sec
output rate when trying to output a severely distorted picture on
a P166.

Don't try to get a Pentium Pro 200mhz with a meteor working because the
meteor has a hardware bug which will crash solidly the Pentium Pro.
This has to deal with a PCI  incompatibility between PCI 2.1 and
the Philips SAA7116.

	Regards,
	Amancio