Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:32:45 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.mt.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what am I running? (early-november snapshot)

> > > Is there a newer version of gnu man you're aware of?
> >
> > yeah...1.4e -- It done for Linux, available on sunsite...
>
> Hmm, I guess we'll have to look into it.  Do you have time to see if it
> would work under FreeBSD?

I don't think you're really running 1.1 -- 1.1. didn't support compressed
man pages (I think).

I tried to recompile on freebsd...the configuration is not my favorite
and it wants the gnu "helpers" (i.e. gtbl, geqn).

On FreeBSD, I just saw tbl and eqn (are they different then the gnu
versions?)

> > BTW -- is there a manifest for where all the sources are?
>
> I'm not sure I follow you?

By a manifest I'm talking about a list of which files are where in
the distribution.

Slackware comes with a MANIFEST file which lists the packages and whats
in them...

In freebsd, I just have bin.*
In src, I have all types of collections...(share,sys,subin,sgnu,sgames,setc)
Wouldn't a list of what is where be useful (I suppose I could make it...but
still it should be provided...)

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com