Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:37:54 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stolen BSD code found in Linux kernel

On Monday, 16 September 2002 at 23:51:22 -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 01:52 PM 9/16/2002, Alex wrote:
>
>> Hello/Beste ,
>>
>> I was browsing trough a news directory and found this article. Does
>> anybody has the story how it ended? Does anyone know if it happened
>> again?
>>
>> http://slashdot.org/bsd/01/09/24/1432223.shtml
>
> It doubtless happens all the time. The GPL zealots are unwilling to
> admit that BSD code has any merit whatsoever, and so refuse to give
> credit or preserve the copyright notice or license in many cases.
> Yes, they're engaging in theft, but being unethical already (the
> GPL being an unethical attempt to destroy developers' livelihoods)
> they don't care.

Well, far be it for me to try to teach you a balanced view of the
community, but maybe I can point you to some facts.  As others have
pointed out, this issue is a year old.  In addition, it was resolved
almost before it started.  Take a look at
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=21918&cid=2348894.

Greg