Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 2002 09:39:01 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: distfiles and ftp

>In the course of running BSD, I have accumulated a number of
>ports/distfiles.
>
>I also have a public ftp which I have made these available on, and I was
>wondering if there was any system for reporting a possible source for other
>users who need these files.
>
>Also, I was wondering what everyone thinks about working a gnutella
>interface in to the distfile search. (nothing special, just a simple
>?automatic? interface to look for the file by name and sha1 hash) I would
>think that such an improvement could make the distfile search %100
>effective.
>
>All comments/flames welcome.
>Peace, Love, and Anarchy
>cl-8-10 (clayton)

Forwarding from the newbies list. I really think this would be something
		worthwile to look into; I've often found the tar.gz files I need on
gnutella, sometimes with better bandwidth than some of the ftps. Please CC
me with any replies. (this account can't handle the amount of traffic on
-questions. I'll check the archive too.)