Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:39:59 -0500
From:      JD Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New FreeBSD 6.0 system advice sought

So, I'm building a replacement 6.0 system from the bare metal, moving
over my 4.11 server data after I'm done.  I've started from a minimal
installation, and I'm looking for some input.

1] Apache - do I stay with 1.3 or move on up to the 2.x branch?

2] MySQL - do I stay with the 3.x (!), or move to the v4 or v5 branch?

3] What would be the best order to do the installation, or does it matter?

* Apache
* MySQL
* mod_php5

I'm really just running it as a web server, with php & MySQL support and
not much else.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog:

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.