Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 17:00:37 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: 3Dfx Glide port beta test

Kevin Day:
 |I've just signed a license to distribute a FreeBSD native port of
 |Glide(3DFx's library for their Voodoo cards).

Hey, Cool!  Thanks!

 |A port of the 3Dfx glide library will be available within 2-3 weeks for beta
 |testing. If there is anyone interested in beta testing this (preferably any
 |3dfx developers who already have have a development kit), or anyone with a
 |voodoo or voodoo2 card who can just run a quick test, please e-mail me.
 |Include your e-mail, what kind of card(s) you have, and what kind of help
 |you can provide. :)

Have Canopus Pure 3D (4Meg, Voodoo Graphics) here to test on.  Happy to run
any tests you need.  Haven't signed any 3dfx NDAs, so I could help only
with binary dists, and any source/exec that'll build/link to your
libglide.so.

(Was going to just reply personally, but I figured we need to tack a few
articles on this thread to increase the likelyhood of 3dfx-equipped FreeBSD
folks seeing it in their mail folders.  I almost missed it myself :-)

Randall