Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2000 22:15:17 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jim@jmock.com
Subject:   Re: No index in The FreeBSD Handbook?

>The reason there's no index is because there aren't any index tags in
>the DocBook version of the handbook.  This is something on the Doc
>Project's todo list -- it's not a small task, and putting off
>publication just wasn't going to happen until it was completed.  Btw,
>take a look at the table of contents -- it's fairly detailed (yes, I
>know, not as much as an index would be).

Thanks for the information.  I guess I'm kind of weird, I work with
computers but I can't stand reading anything for any length of time off the
screen, I like having a book/magazine/newspaper in my hand.  Thank you for
putting out the Handbook and adding another FreeBSD publication out there.

And when a new version of the Handbook (as well as The Complete FreeBSD) is
available, I will be sure to have my company order several copies.

Oscar