Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:47:21 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ucom: orphaned ttyUX ?

Marcin wrote:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>> I believe that this is another example of a bad use of our device
>>> cloning, but I can be very wrong here.
>
> What driver are you using to have ucom device there (uftdi, ubsa, etc.)?
> Is this behavior easy to reproduce?

This was palm/uppc-kmod module. I believe that uipaq is a replacement
for that in recent versions of FreeBSD.
I'll admit that I haven't tried too hard to reproduce this again.

> Can you provide some more information about connected USB devices and
> what exactly are you doing to reproduce the problem?

I think that http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?47C7294B.6020306 has
pretty complete description of it.
I connected my WM5 device (in ActiveSync WinCE compatibility mode), then
disconnected, the connected, then tried to run ppp over the serial link
aka ttyU0.

--
Andriy Gapon