Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 23:42:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   -O2 -m486 and make world: any known problems?

Hello,

in /etc/make.conf it is suggested to use -O2 -m486. Of course I want
to try the extra optimization; but can I expect any known problems
(compiler bugs) when trying this?

I use the standard (2.6.3) gcc compiler.

Another problem/question: -DNOOBJDIR doesn't seem to work. /usr/obj/*
still is created and used. I wanted to avoid creating all those
directories since each of them costs (unnecessary) diskspace.

Thanks,

Peter Mutsaers       |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |     "Quod licet bovis,
plm@xs4all.nl        |  the Netherlands    |      non licet Jovi."