Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:31:13 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>
To:        "T. William Wells" <bill@twwells.com>
Cc:        Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: possible problem with dc driver

If the machine actually locks up, rather than the transfer
just running slowly while other things on the machine run
normally, then it's either h/w or s/w on the machine itself.

The full list of possibilities includes cables, the hub,
the cards, the motherboards, the disk controllers, the disks.
And of course, it might actually be a driver bug.

To elminate the disks, either run ttcp (from ports) or make
sure the file is cached and ftp it to /dev/null.

You might also try moving the card to a different slot, where
it doesn't share an irq with something else (if dmesg.boot
shows that it does that).

If you need to start swapping components, start with the cheapest
and keep going until the problem is gone.

Try to enjoy this :)
Barney