Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:49:12 -0600
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting Host Parameters with /stand/sysinstall Scripts

	I am building an install.cfg script to standardize our
building and upgrading of servers.  It works quite well so far,
but one part seems to not take.  This is the setting of local
host parameters as in

# My host specific data
hostname=ns1.hardknocks.edu
domainname=hardknocks.edu
nameserver=10.0.0.1
defaultrouter=10.0.0.2
ipaddr=10.0.0.1
netmask=255.0.0.0

	These are all variables that some function uses to build
a new /etc/rc.conf file.  What function is it that I am missing?

	I presently can get the script to extract and install the
kernel sources and the general collection of sources without X as
in:

# Select which distributions we want.
distSetDeveloper
distSetKernDeveloper
#	     Selects the standard kernel Developer's distribution set.
# OK, everything is set.  Do it!
installUpgrade

	sysinstall tells me that the first part of the upgrade is
successful and the appropriate directories seem to indicate that
this is true.  If I look at /etc/rc.conf, however, it is still in
the state it was in before I ran the upgrade.

Martin McCormick