Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 2010 23:28:14 +0400
From:      Ilya Bakulin <webmaster@kibab.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>, soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Status update] sysctlreg project

--Sig_/hD_=bQ4sDu2uY1J9oSnQzQA

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:04:55 -0400
John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> I think for now the focus should be on solving the ports case which can b=
e done
> rather simply in userland.  If in the future someone comes up with a prac=
tical
> use case for spoofing these values that the env vars does not solve, then=
 this
> could be revisited.
>=20
John, thank you for your suggestions. We've discussed them with
Alexander and decided to make spoof-off implemented in userland via
environment options.=20

So my plan has some changes. Next week I'll try to implement "spoof-off" in=
 feature_present(3). We've already discussed the way of setting required en=
vironment variables. It seems that FEATURES_DISABLED=3D"geom_journal compat=
_freebsd6 compat_freebsd7" is the preffered way.

Also I'll need to adjust my Perforce configuration, because right now I onl=
y have src/sys mapped in my client view. BTW where should feature_present(1=
) be placed? I think that usr/sbin is the most appropriate place?=20

And of course I'll continue to add more features in the kernel :-) Last wee=
k I had an unexpected delay in this part of the work, hope that this week w=
ill be better.

--=20
Regards,
Ilya Bakulin