Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 23:02:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cd problems are realy Adaptec driver problems!

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	FreeBSD. No problems. I would not *think* this could be a bad controler
> 	card.

  But it could be a motherboard problem.  The 1542 cards will push the ISA
bus beyond its limits depending on its configuration, and not all
motherboards can handle this.  Try running the DMA test.  Also try
reducing the speed down, and run iozone again.  Probably work fine.

  When using the 1542, I always look for motherboards that I can change
the increase the ISA clock, and then bump up the DMA speed.  Screws up
most sound cards, but the performance increase is nice.

> --
> Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
> Factory Automation Systems
> Atlanta Ga.