Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:16:27 +0200
From:      "Hans F. Nordhaug" <Hans.F.Nordhaug@hiMolde.no>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/security/blocksshd

* Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@sun-fish.com> [2007-04-06]:
> Hi list,
>
> Craig Butler wrote:
> >Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> >>Hi list,
> >>
> >>This is very annoying:
> >>pkg_delete: '/usr/local/etc/blocksshd.conf' fails original MD5
> >>checksum - deleted anyway.
> >>can someone fix please ?
> >>
> >did you edit it ?
> Of course i edit it, after all it is the configuration file, I have
> different table in my pf, I have specified e-mail
> where to send notification, I have whitelisted IPs and etc.
> And simple upgrade *destroy* my configurations which is not nice ;)
> If I have little more time tomorrow I can send patch and the config file
> will be renamed to .sample
> so upgrading won't destroy configuration, and if you prefer I can add
> and pkg-msg or *echo* to tell user to copy
> config.sample to config when installing.
> If I have time I can even *steal* from other ports and make the port
> only to create blocksshd.conf only if it does not exist :)
> Sorry for moaning without sending patches ;)

You don't have to steal from other ports - just use the standard
procedure from the Porter's Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/plist-config.html

Yes, blocksshd needs to be fixed - very annoying behavior indeed.

Regards,
Hand

PS! I'm in no way connected to blocksshd - I'm using sshguard ...