Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:37:23 -0700
From:      Adam Serediuk <vipw@home.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SB AWE64 GOLD in FreeBSD 3.3-RELESAE producing a lot of static

--------------C6BD9EA3663E1668728D729E

Hi, at the risk of sounding like a moron I decided to post this.

I'm using a Sound Blaster 64 Gold in FreeBSD 3.3-RELESAE and I have
noticed a lot of static being produced. In other operating systems(i.e.
Windows NT) there is no static. I am using the snd0 driver and have the
following in my kernel for the sound card

controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device opl0 at isa? port 0x388
device awe0 at isa? port 0x620

I am also using the /boot/kernel.conf to setup the PNP stuffs.
At the advice of a friend I upgraded to -CURRENT and tried the pcm0
driver out, I had some progress here. There was not near as much static
as there was in 3.3-RELEASE with the snd0 driver. In 3.3-RELEASE the
pcm0 driver performs the same as the snd0 driver with mad static. I had
to downgrade back to -RELEASE because some things would not work
properly for me in -CURRENT.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. I hope I didn't come off
as a total moron.

Thanks in advance,

--
Adam Serediuk
vipw@home.com

--------------C6BD9EA3663E1668728D729E

Hi, at the risk of sounding like a moron I&nbsp;decided to post this.
noticed a lot of static being produced. In other operating systems(i.e.
Windows&nbsp;NT) there is no static. I&nbsp;am using the snd0 driver and
have the following in my kernel for the sound card
the pcm0 driver out, I had some progress here. There was not near as much
static as there was in 3.3-RELEASE with the snd0 driver. In 3.3-RELEASE
the pcm0 driver performs the same as the snd0 driver with mad static. I&nbsp;had
to downgrade back to -RELEASE because some things would not work properly
for me in -CURRENT.
come off as a total moron.
<pre>--
Adam Serediuk