Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:58:34 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new man pages

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Rodney W. Grimes:
> > xntpd was recently renamed ntpd, but the documentation and manual
> > pages was not.
>
> > You'll find the manual page for ntpd with a ``man xntpd''.

Those are the old man pages.  You're not running -current if you have
them :-).

> > And a side note for PHK.  Could you change the rm -f /usr/sbin/xntpd
> > to instead replace /usr/sbin/xntpd with a LINK to ntpd for maximal
>
> I discussed that with Poul-Henning, Peter and David. I do not think that it is
> a good idea because:

I think it's a better idea than removing xntpd (not very good).  We
normally don't remove old commands when their sources go away.  It
clutters the makefiles and might remove a local copy of the command.
It is the responsibilty of the upgrader to remove old commands and
their infrastructure.

Bruce