Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:37:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Quintin Oliver <quintin@smlt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setup of FreeBSD PPP Server :)

Hi,

I've setup a FreeBSD ppp server using Mgetty and UserPPP, I'm trying to
dialin from Linux to FreeBSD, on the FreeBSD ppp side I get:

ppp[8888]: Phase: Pap Output: SUCCESS
ppp[8888]: Phase: Deflink: lcp -> open
ppp[8888]: Phase: bundle: Network

When I get the third line, nothing happens, both modems keep sending data
(problady ppp packets) to each other. Pap-secrets on Linux has been
configured, and ppp.secret on FreeBSD has been configured like so:

ppp.conf:
=========

ppp:
  enable pap
  set ifaddr 192.168.5.1 192.168.5.2
  enable proxy
  accept dns
  set dns 195.172.80.146 195.172.80.147

ppp.secret:
username	password
user2		user2password

etc...

Has anyone got any ideas? I know the problem here isn't Linux, as I've
setup another machine with Linux and the client ppp machine can connect
fine to it.

Many Thanks,

Quintin.