Date:      Thu, 4 May 95 12:14:07 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org, j@uriah.heep.sax.de, rpt@miles.sso.loral.com
Subject:   Re: GNU cpp bug with pthreads

> >On the other hand, #if is not necessarily a valid directive in older
> >preprocessers.
>
> Older than K&R1 (1978)?  FreeBSD doesn't attempt to support those.

I didn't say that I didn't personally use '#if' (although I don't use
'#elif', and would have liked a '#ifclude' to include files only if
they were there...).

Oh, in traditional mode, the Sun transitional compiler doesn't take
void, const, or volatile, but will take prototypes.

In non-traditional mode (__STDC__ == 1), it accepts all of them.

In fasciest mode, the AIX compiler (__STDC__ == 2) will not take non
prototype function declartions (ie: no compatability for formal
function declarations).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---