Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:21:17 +0100
From:      cpghost@cordula.ws
To:        Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg <listsub@401.cx>
Cc:        Chris Zumbrunn <chris@czv.com>
Subject:   Re: Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 10:12:33PM +0100, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg wrote:
> >http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freehorns.gif

Not bad :)

> Totally agree, and thats why I suggest keeping Beastie as a mascot.
> Look at linux, everyone knows the linux penguin, but that doesnt stop
> RedHat, Caldera, Debian etc from having professional looking logos.
> And I think most of us agree that the reason RedHat is more accepted
> then FreeBSD in the commercial world is not due to its superior
> quality, stability or heritage, right?

A gecko (SuSE) is a good logo? C'mon! :-)

> Maybe their more professional looking image has something to do with
> it? ;)

If the FreeBSD Project starts seriously thinking this way,
then there's something rotten in it.

FreeBSD *is* the "Beastie-OS" and its logo should definitely
be some reference to Beastie. Perhaps a simplified Beastie,
but not some "corporate" dumbed down non-sense logo.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/