Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:43:58 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "Jorge Mario G." <murcielako@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: special characters, ie spanish accents

Jorge Mario G. wrote:
> Hi there
> I have remaped my keyboard with Xmodmap
> I use ALT+a =á, ALT+e= é etc...
>
> The only caracter I'm missin is (La U con dieresis)
>
> if it works for you letme know and I'll send you my
> conf file

Jorgé,
I got it working. Turned out the reason it didn't work was the fact that
I put the startup command at the very bottom of the .xinitrc file. Once
I moved it to the top of the file it works. As for the a and U
diaeresis, I had those working also, but coded to the z and x keys. I
looked in my book on learning spanish and it does not use the u or U
diaeresis anywhere in the book, so I'm not going to use those key codings.
In my .xmodmaprc file I added this line -
keycode xx = u U udiaeresis Udiaeresis
(the x's are whatever keycode you want to use of course).
--
Chip