Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 2009 06:40:49 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        alydiomc@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Built-in vacation program does not auto reply

At 08:16 PM 4/19/2009, lyd mc wrote:

>Hi derek,
>
>Correction on step 4, it should be:
>
>\alydio.mc, "|/usr/bin/vacation alydio.mc"
>
>thanks,
>
>alyd

In the log entry above, I see:
ctladdr=<alydio.mc@mydomain>
I suspect this is NOT a deliverable address but that depends on how you
have mydomain resolving.

Also you might want to try using a user account without a period in the
name.  The period may be causing a silent parsing problem for sendmail and
vacation.

         -Derek